Natalie Xue Er Hill

Natalie Xue Er Hill
arriving in KY in August 2010

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Rough going




thought you all might like to see some more photos. these were taken Sunday at Granny and Papa's. Natalie really enjoys the pool which is awesome since it is great for bonding. now we just have to get Amy in there too.
so, Sunday was a good day, but it has been rough ever since. Natalie did come down with the funk that I have and has not been feeling well at all. it has really messed up the sleep schedule for everyone as well. i am starting to feel better though and she is about 12 hours behind me symptom wise, so hopefully she will be out of the woods soon.
parenting hasn't been easy so far. Amy does have to share the brunt of the load though as Natalie prefers her when she needs to be taken care of and Amy has taken to the mommy role very well. Natalie likes me in public and when she wants to play (imagine that). considering all the drastic changes in this girl's life, the screwy schedule due to traveling, and the sickness, i think we are all managing OK.
hopefully she will be feeling better soon and we can start to show her off.

5 comments:

  1. First, Natalie is adorable in her bathing suit and sunglasses. It’s also really nice to see her enjoying the pool and playing with other kids (presumably her cousin?).

    Regarding parenthood, what can anyone say but ‘its tough’ and even tougher with a sick child. It’s probably one of the toughest things you’ll ever do (at least for me it us), but it’s also one of the most rewarding! The worst feeling in the world is when your child does not feel well and you’re at your wits end trying to figure out how to soothe them and nothing seems to help (we’re at the point now with teething). Everyone’s situation is different though, and I'm sure that you’ll probably face bumps in the road that most of us other parents have/will not (and vice versa). Get use to the sleep exhaustion, there’s no overcoming that one or if you figure it out, please let me know! zzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures! Sorry to hear Natalie isn't feeling well. Take care Amy, mama's aren't allowed to be sick!
    Grandma Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu know of course that I'm right across the drive if you need anything. I will try not to bother you to much, but want to help if I can. Just remember recovery from jet lag takes a while and kids recover quicker than adults from most ailments. CaLL if you need me or call and give me a periodic update.
    Granny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sunglasses and bathing suit! Terrell and I have had so much fun reading your blog posts and hearing about your journey. We can't wait to meet her!
    Take care!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Stephen! It's Karen, formerly from TEC. I was so glad to hear the good news! And it's great that you're doing this blog--I'm glad to be able to keep up and see pictures. Natalie really is beautiful.

    I heard about this on NPR this morning, and in case you haven't heard, I thought you might be interested.

    Baby, We Were Meant for Each Other: In Praise of Adoption
    by Scott Simon

    He and his wife adopted two little girls, from China!

    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129301982

    Tell Amy--and Natalie!--hey for me.

    All the best,

    Karen

    ReplyDelete