Natalie Xue Er Hill

Natalie Xue Er Hill
arriving in KY in August 2010

Thursday, November 22, 2012

I am thankful for...infertility

I thought I should jump on the bandwagon and list what I am thankful for this holiday. Infertility might seem like a strange thing to list, but what am I if not different?  Many people struggle with this diagnosis on a daily basis.  They often do so in silence. At one point, you could count Amy and me among that number.  Not anymore.

*Hold your horses.  We are not pregnant.*

You can't count us among that number because we don't struggle with it anymore.  Without infertility we would likely not have this lovely young lady in our life.  


Many people long to hold a biological baby in their arms and I do not begrudge them for that.  Not at all.  What I can say is I cannot think of any greater blessing on this earth than to have Natalie Xue Er Hill in our life.  So, on this Thanksgiving, an American holiday that Natalie sees solely as yet another opportunity to run around like crazy with her cousins, I am thankful for failure.  In this National Adoption Month, I am thankful for CCAI, for China opening their borders to this process, for having enough money to pursue our dreams, for a birth mom who (for reasons we will never know) decided she couldn't do it and made a choice tougher than I ever want to know, and most of all, I am thankful for Natalie.




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. And your extended, almost family, share your joy!

    The Auds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you all! This was a lovely posting. Please give Natalie kisses and hugs from China.

    Marvin and Julia xx

    ReplyDelete